I am a subscriber of Globe Wireless Broadband 512kbps package with external antenna. Like you, I was also experiencing same problems like intermittent connection, slow browsing, etc. But after repositioning my external antenna to the designated cellsite (which in my case, they failed to locate), my connection problems were resolved.
Here is what you should do:
- call Globe support hotline and ask for onsite visit. Expect a technician within 2 to 3 days. Follow-up if no technician came.
- When a technician visits your area for repair, try to ask them if your antenna is pointed to the correct tower. To make sure, ask them for the cell id of your designated tower (they have the list).
- then go to your web browser and type 192.168.0.1 to go to the modem interface. there you will see your Cell ID at the homepage shown below:
- If the digits match but you’re still experiencing connection problems, your antenna is probably within the radius but not directly pointing the designated tower.
- Visually locate the tower then point your antenna directly to it. Make sure nothing blocks your antenna from the tower. Ask the technician to do it or do it yourself (you’re more concern than those people).
- You should see improvements unless Globe’s servers and tower are down.
Let me know if this also works for you!